Wampler's farm Sauage - Lenoir city, tn
Wampler’s Farm Sausage is seeking a Quality Manager at its Lenoir City, Tenn. facility. The Quality Manager monitors all production lines, sanitation procedures and product handling, ensuring Wampler’s products meet or exceed the standards expected by our retail and foodservice customers. The Quality Manager trains employees on procedures to follow HACCP plans and SQF policies and leads periodic mock recalls. The position reports directly to the president of the company.
Specifically we’re looking for someone who:
- Is a skilled problem solver with the ability and confidence to make smart decisions while overseeing multiple production lines
- Is an assertive, strong communicator who is comfortable working with every level of our business--vendors/suppliers, customers and all levels of plant personnel
- Has a keen attention to detail
- Has at least a basic understanding of the scientific method
- Is extremely organized
- Is HACCP and SQF certified (Our facility is currently SQF Level 2 Certified, so we need to maintain or advance that status. And while having these certifications isn’t a requirement, it’s something we would want to pursue soon after hire.)
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Animal Science, or Biology (Master’s is a plus)
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office suite
Having experience in a related field, a good head for business and being a foodie is a plus. If this sounds like you, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wampler’s Farm Sausage is a fourth-generation, family owned and operated business that’s steeped in tradition yet leading the way in innovation and responsibility. Our sausage still has the same great taste Grandpa Wampler taught us to make, but we’ve embraced new technologies to complete the process utilizing clean hydrogen and solar energy. Our commitment to producing premium sausage is matched by our commitment to producing it sustainably.